Monday, April 12, 2010

An Embarrassing Moment

I had started working on a new job. My boss was my sister in law Michele. She was my girlfriend's older brother Hugo. Since I was new on the job, Michele invited me to lunch with her because she wanted to show me a good place for lunch. Maybe if I liked the place we could have lunch together every day. I worked in the city of Curitiba, in a place very populous called Gren Green, and it was lunch time when we arrived at the restaurant. There were many people in the place and lunch was served buffet style.

After we got our dishes, we found a place to sit. We found a seemingly good place. She sat down I went to get drinks. When I returned, she had already started eating. I left the drink on the table and when I sat in my chair it could not stand my weight and broke. I fell in front of Michele and everybody. I got up fast, the misguided attempt to try to disguise my fall, but it was too late. Everyone had seen it, and when they realized that I was fine, some began to laugh. I was so embarrassed, my face turned red, but I started laughing too, to show that everything was fine and in some ways because it was funny to me too. I tried another chair and continued to have lunch together and although I had this incident, I had lunch at that restaurant for many years to come. And of course I have tested every chair before sit in it.

A Journal Assignment by Fabio Dias, Writing Level 2

1 comment:

  1. That's a very interesting story! I'm sure you learned your lesson to always check your chair before you sit down.

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete