Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Student life without a job

I was happy when I came to Utah Valley University because I thought it will be easy for me to get a job, so I can be paying my tuition myself, live a good life. But it seems like this dream never comes true. I have been looking for a job everywhere on campus, asking friends every day but still cannot get help. Sometimes I ask myself why this and cannot still get the answer. So may questions have come to me, sometimes I think maybe because I am from Africa or maybe don’t speak English well. But I still don’t know why I can’t get a job on campus or elsewhere. Sometimes I am mad at myself and think something else I couldn’t think about before. That is why I am taking ESL so that I can improve my English. Life is not easy in Utah, especially when you cannot speak English or when you are an international student. I think this school should do something to help international students or give them jobs instead of giving jobs to citizens when they can work off campus. Please don’t get me wrong; I am writing about what I feel in my heart, and I believe it’s not me only who feels the same way. English is a hard language, but I believe I can do it though English as a Second Language, and as I love my teachers, they will help me some day. 

-By Arielle Nguwa
Writing Level 2

1 comment:

  1. Also filled it would be easy to find a job on campus.Last year I stayed the whole summer looking for a job and not found, and only found a job after the summer, but with time you will find a job. have patience.( Geida )

    ReplyDelete